Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (kimff) and NepaliTravellers are excited to launch a video competition of short films that show what travel means to Nepali youth. The film can be shot on any video devices, including mobile or smart phones.
We are looking for perspectives of how Nepali youth experience travel and sights of their journeys. The film can include oral testimonies, personal stories, community initiatives or social media initiatives to encourage travels in Nepal.
We believe that these stories will educate audiences about increasing travel aspirations among Nepali youth and how they find meaning in exploring people and places. We will learn about the challenges young Nepalis face in planning and experiencing their journeys. Films submitted should be innovative and original in concepts.
- Entry is free. Films must be of the best possible quality and will be accepted in DVD or a URL link to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th of October. Entries without the duly filled-in entry form will not be considered. Films once entered cannot be withdrawn. The cost of mailing the films to the competition organizers must be covered by the entrants themselves. The organizers will not be responsible for any loss, damage, and/or delay of films in transit.
- Entrant must be a Nepali citizen or a person of Nepali origin. The entrant must be born on or after September 15, 1983.
- Entries submitted must be entirely the entrant's own work. By participating in this competition the entrant warrants that he/she is the exclusive owner of the entry, including any copyright of the entry. Any plagiarism discovered at any stage of the competition will immediately render the entry invalid.
- Employees of the competition organizers/ sponsors are not eligible to participate.
- Filmmakers must give due credit to the story source/ persons/ institutions who have contributed to the film.
- Films must not contain any obscene, unlawful or objectionable material. The film should not be discriminatory on the grounds of religion, ethnicity, caste or gender.
- Copyright of all films submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by entering this competition the filmmakers grant the organizers, kimff perpetual license to broadcast /screen their films during and after the competition, as and when required, for non-commercial purposes. The filmmakers will be credited during such use.
- The dispatching of any film to the competition implies acceptance of the competition regulations. In case of any controversy on a matter not covered in the regulations, the competition organizers will decide on appropriate action. The organizer's decision shall be final.
- If films are made in Nepali they must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
All entries must reach the competition organizers in Kathmandu by 4 PM on 15 October, 2018.
JURY AND AWARDS
Trophies, along with citations, will be awarded for overall excellence to the winners of the three best films, which demonstrate originality and topical relevance on the selected theme. A three member jury will also judge the films. The judges’ decision will be final.
Winners of the top three shorts will receive cash awards:
1st Prize – NRs. 25,000
2nd Prize – NRs. 15,000
3rd Prize – NRs. 10,000
Top 25 popular entries will get to attend Filmmaking Masterclass at kimff 2018.
The Top10 shorts will be screened at kimff 2018, 7-11 December.
The top ten shorts will be packaged into a DVD entitled ‘Travel is An Attitude: Perspectives of Nepali Travellers’ and will be used by kimff and NepaliTravellers for communication and outreach purposes.
Contact: Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (kimff) 540 Lazimpat, Narayan Gopal Sadak Tel: +977- 1- 4440635 Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org www.kimff.org